2005年12月15日星期四

Is this my fault?

"God, do help this guy, if he gets trouble, I might get trouble also because I had a mistake for I live too close to him, it could be my fault."

Everybody has their own attitude, here I have approached a man like this, made me scare to help when he asks me to do him favor again. Andy supposes no one he could trust and everybody are trying to cheat him. I knew him for the last 8 years, we were from the same hometown although he was born in China but I was born in Hong Kong, anyway we have the same ancestors.

My cousin Ben, who is also Andy's cousin, has quite a big shop of construction materials. When Andy first came from China, he stayed with Ben. Months later, he wanted to start his own business, the best way he thought to do was making concrete products so he could sold it easily because my cousin Ben has a good market for him. He has short of capital, so he asked Ben for help. He then borrowed money from him and saying that the entire fund borrowed from him was going to buy machines for the production. Years later, when he moved near to my place, he didn’t give any of his debt back to Ben but returned all the broken machines to him that he had told him all his money were went to machines and therefore he could only return him the machines but money. My cousin Ben told me he was being betrayed. Andy speaks very bad Tagalog as he through doing business doesn’t have to speak well but do “trap” well the customer. I do think he “trap” all the people whatever the one he knows about or not. For me, I knew him as a bad negative sample of life.

Andy asked me to help him to consult with doctor; he has felt stomach ache, very painful. I then brought him to a hospital that he asked for. He told me what he felt and I translated his words to the doctor, three type of medicine was given to him. When the nurse explained to him how was the dose and the price of the medicine for stomach ache; when he knew that medicine was costing him 65 pesos each, he suddenly reversed all he had told the doctor, and wondering how I had translated. He said he didn’t has stomach ache, and complaining I might give wrong translation. He said that he didn’t understand why did the doctor give him such expensive drugs, the doctor may want to cheat him and the medicine may damage his stomach actually. For me, it sounds crazy, I was so embarrassed and didn’t know how to explain this to the doctor who was gazing at us.

The second time he called me for he felt pain for hernia, he asked me accompany with him to go to Chinese general hospital, for there was a doctor need not to pay for consultation and he though he might need an operation to end the suffer. He started to bargain with the doctor like we usually hear in some places where vendors selling souvenirs for tourists. The good doctor did agree that he would charge him only 12 thousands for the operation if he could afford that amount. I told him clearly that the amount of 12 thousand was just only for the doctor , and all other charges of hospital were excluded. He told me for sure he knew about that. When I knew that he had chosen a private room, I started to worry about something could be happened later. I visited him once after the operation. I knew I might get trouble, so I kept staying home and hoping that he won't call me for any trouble. He called me up blaming me again this time that I had put him in cattle of fish. Beside the 12 thousands of doctor's charge, all the expenses in the hospital was almost cost him another 40 thousands, he refuse to pay for it and began arguing with the doctor, he stressed that I have to take care about this case for I was the one who accompanied with him to consult with the doctor, however, he had forgotten he was talking very clear with the doctor as they used the same language. This time I refused to go for I had explained clearly to him. I felt common senses were not applied to him, and he was really ridiculous. The doctor finally surrounded, just given him a free operation, the doctor told me about this when I had made a phone call to him for apologize, there was not necessary to argue with such unreasonable person, really he was really a great doctor with mercy.

Last night, he called me up for his little daughter was slide down and wounded her chin, he asked me hurry to go there as the little girl was bleeding. When I arrived, the girl was stopped bleeding by some Chinese medicine, the wound was about one inch width and the bone could be seen, I asked hurry to bring the little girl to doctor. When he firstly mentioned about the hospital he had been for stomach ache, he stopped his words and asked me if there was another doctor who could help the little girl. I explained to him this is only a minor operation, even a nurse could handle it. He refused to if there wasn't a doctor, his daughter wouldn't be cure just with the help of a nurse. I was so worry if he could make me embarrasses again this time, I was really worry. Luckily, there was another doctor to help, but Andy starting to make me embarrasses; he let me asked the doctor if he could really know how to handle the wound of his daughter, because he want it to be sure. I was so angry this time and told him he could ask the doctor himself or better we should leave. I simply ask the doctor to take care of the little poor girl and I stepped out the ER, I just couldn't be with him any more, I help but I don't want to be embarrassed any more.

沒有留言:

發佈留言