2006年1月27日星期五

A Joke

A Joke

Last Sunday, my friend invited me for lunch in Ongpin. Around 1 p.m. in the afternoon, he called me up when I was walking towards the President Restaurant. He asked me if I could join him with his friend before we have our lunch and told me where they were at the moment. For the address was just near by, so I reversed my foot steps and went direct to Lai Lai Hotel where I ever been. Months ago, the Tsinoy communities had coordinated their efforts to demonstrate against the management, for they have planned to establish some gambling facilities inside the building.

A room boy was cleaning a piece of carpet with vacuum cleaner in the hallway, he directed me to the room that I asked for. After I knocked the door, a Chinese woman came to answer and let me in, lights were dim and so I could not see her very clear. “Joey has called me for he is here,” I asked to verify if it was the right place. “Ni ke yi jiang putonhua ma? (Can you speak in Mandarin?)” she is definitely a mainlander. After repeated in Mandarin once again, she let me sit down and wait, for she was going to have a bath. Calling up my friend to ask where he was but he could say nothing with endless laugh. The situation alerts me that the woman was a prostitute from China and I was tricked; when I heard the water was running from the showerhead; I increase the sound of the television, open the door and slip out the room. The room boy was still cleaning the carpet outside the hallway and was wondering why my visit was ended so fast.

Never get angry with my friend, he is an ultimate joker, a naughty fellow, joking with friends is his most favorite. I knew him since my first job in a camera shop about 35 years ago; he was already a joke maker at that time. Before I could identify where he was seated in the restaurant, I heard he was laughing at me with his stentorian voice. When he passed me a cup of tea, he could not hold his laugh while he was making his apologize, I was laughing too for I was just being fooled.

He pointed at the classified posts on the Chinese newspaper, which he got the information to trap me. “How does she look like? Hahaha,” he was still laughing. “I am not sure, but I think she is looking for me!” We both chortled and he gasped like a patient of asthma. Customers were looking at us and wondering if we were going crazy. It was hard for us to finish our lunch with laughing.

1 則留言:

  1. I won't get into her room if she wear nothing at the moment she opened the door naman. She had her casual dress. But what I felt she was difference as no one should leave the guest, espically a male in the room and told him to wait for her bath.

    回覆刪除