2006年7月7日星期五

Enchanted Date at Casa San Pablo



Friends and relatives of my wife were waiting for a grand celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary yet we both disappeared on that date.

In the last few months, my friends were talking about Viaje Del Sol, shinning spots of Calabazon now being promoting for the local tourism. Most of the destinations shown on the map of Viaje Del Sol are located in San Pablo City, about half an hour driving from my place.

I was looking for a place where my wife and I could celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. We didn’t intend to invite any guest, so we could celebrate privately this remarkable date of our marriage. One month ago, I called Mr. Boots Alcantara, the owner of Casa San Pablo for details. Before I could make up my mind, he replied welcoming me to visit the place. Without any question, I paid the full amount for reservation, confirming we would celebrate our anniversary at this cozy country inn.



Weeks passed and I have almost forgotten this important date, until my wife told me to prepare my clothes for the next day. Rain was pouring in the evening and I was praying for a blessed sunny day on the next morning.

After I parked my car, a security guard guided us to the reception. Although we have come earlier than the check-in time, the receptionist told us the room was already prepared. The waiter, assigned to serve us during our stay, led us to a bungalow beside a sandy path and unlocked the sliding glass door for us.



Our bungalow was called “The Paintings Room”. An impressive oil painting of an old winkle-faced mountain tribesman attracted my sight. Stepping closer, I could touch his folded tough skin in this realistic painting. Below the oil painting was a queen size bed. I was worrying whether the large frame was securely fastened, otherwise I might not be able to sleep well underneath. Beside the bed were sliding glass doors opened for the garden, a tiny round table was at the corner with a glass vase full of big white flowers that looked like roses – sweet and fragrant.



Through the clear glasses, we could see lounging chairs all over the sprawling lawn, and the clusters of flowers planted along the path. Looking farther, there was the large mansion of the owner of the resort. Bathroom and toilet were neat; furthermore water heater was available, the most important thing for my wife.



The resort’s restaurant was not far from a rivulet. Walked over a bridge to the other side, there was a swimming pool filled with spring water, surrounded by hundred years old trees. The singing cicadas seemed telling people that it was a hot summer day. Although we were the only guests on that date, buffet was still being served with three different dishes and a large bowl of rice. The waiter was standing behind the table, waiting to be called. We felt that we were being treated like VIPs who had booked the whole restaurant.

It was still raining after we had our lunch. The waiter lent us an umbrella and we decided to wander around the whole resort. Rain drops had refreshed and brightened the color of the lawn with fallen red petals decorating over the whole garden. The pine grove behind the mansion scented the air reminding me of Baguio City. Beneath the trees, we stood for minutes hoping to see a squirrel as there was none.




After our candle light dinner in the evening, a bottle of white wine in an ice bucket was waiting for us. “A compliment of the owner” announced the greeting card placed beside the wine. Lighted candles further added to the romantic ambience for our special day.

Rain shower earlier in the evening spoiled our plan to lie on the lawn waiting a meteor to make a wish. My wife was not able to sleep for she was accustomed to fall asleep with a TV switched on but there wasn’t any. Night in the garden was not silent as cicadas were still singing out loud and soft alternatively. After turning off the light, I was imagining that we were lying on lawn, serenaded by the orchestra of croaking frogs and humming insects. What an enchanted evening.

3 則留言:

  1. hmm, that was really nice. i hope that i could spend a night there with someone special to me. that would be so sweet. :)

    remember my sagada video? clickthecity is currently featuring that video. here is the link to that at: http://www.clickthecity.com/clipcast/?v=357

    回覆刪除
  2. hi ahia.. how are you? hmm this place is very lovely. How much is the overnight stay? please let me know okay?

    回覆刪除
  3. Thanks Norton for visit my blog,
    only find out now that you have a great blog here,
    I need to learn more for reading your english blog! ^.^

    Hope a fabulous and happy new year! ^.^

    回覆刪除